Artists and Performers
Performances in the past have involved dance, theatre, song, poetry, mime, you name it. We’ve created art installations and even painted an amazing bus that is in use by the shelter.
For 2014, we are especially keen to continue to expand our visual art component. We have already established many amazing public spaces on/in which to display our art, and are continuing to seek more. To this end we are especially seeking:
1) Blank wallspace in Toronto that is passed by lots of human traffic. We have connected with some amazing professional grafitti artists and we want to set them to work!
2) Visual artists in all mediums who are interested in developing a creative art concept which:
– explores a theme of homelessness (can include positive messages such as resiliency)
– can engage a class of high-school students (something creative and fun!)
– can involve students directing you in some way
– may be live (e.g. dance), captured (e.g. photography), or occur over time (e.g. installation)
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.